Enjoy this guilt free dessert of just 60 calories!
- Lemon or vinegar
- Heat full fat milk in a heavy bottom pan
- Once the milk comes to a boil, switch off the flame and add 1/2 cup of water to bring down the temperature a bit
- Mix in lemon juice or vinegar till the milk curdles
- Drain the curdled milk using a muslin cloth. You are now left with what is known as "chena" or "paneer"
- Squeeze the muslin cloth to remove all the water from the chena
- Weigh the chena , keep 20 grams per person
- Mash the chena with your hands for a long time or rub it on the plate to make it soft and smooth
- The more you rub the softer it gets
- Make small balls from the chena after the mashing is done
- When you get the syrup of your preferred consistency, drop in the panner balls and let them soak
- Let it boil till you see Rasgullas swell then switch off
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!